Monday, August 31, 2009

Rotary Fun















As a requirement of being a Rotary foriegn exchange student you must attend several sponsered activities. Even though these tend to be boring, you get an amazing chance to meet people from all over the world. On Thursday we traveled to Brussels to visit the Grand Palace and Parliment. We met the president of Belgium and were able to get a quick glance at the country's capital. It was fun, and I met some amazing girls while I was there. On Friday I was invited to a BBQ by some Belgian kids. We took a bus, and I got lost before meeting the girl I was planning on going with. After I finally figured it all out, we met up with the guys and grilled and had a great time. Friday night I went out with my host sister Virginie and her boyfriend Laurent. They are really great. I tried a Belgian speciality called Peket. Its delcious, and on fire :) Then on Saturday and Sunday I attended another Rotary sponsored weekend. They spoke in French, so most of it was lost on me; however, I got to hang out with some of the coolest girls. We entertained ourselves and just had a blast. I know they are going to be some life long friends. There was a dance party, and we got to tour a cathedral in Huy, Belgium. Gorgeous. It was built over 300 years ago. I have to go to school on Tuesday, but I will also be taking French classes, so that will be helpful.

1 comment:

  1. so when I ask you what cool things you've done lately, you tell me about the on-fire beverage instead of mentioning the fact that you met le presidente of Belgium. But thats cool too... :)

    ReplyDelete