Sunday, November 15, 2009

Friends






This past Friday I had such a fun Belgian experience. After school I went with some of my friends from school into town and we just hung out in the square. It was really fun hanging out with Belgian friends and seeing how they act in town. Since normally I just hang out with other exchange students, I welcomed the chance to enjoy an afternoon with them. Later that night we went to a concert that my school was holding. At the concert there were about thirty or so acts all involving people from St. Jacques. Students and teachers participated by singing, playing the piano, and performing covers of famous songs. My best friend at school, Nicola, was joking around earlier that day and told me he was going to dedicate a song to me. I did not believe him. As it turns out, he was telling the truth. He got up on state, and grabbed the microphone from the singer and shouted, "Jamie, this song is for you!" I was so excited and screamed quite loudly. If people at my school didn't know I was American before, they know now. He then played the song, American Idiot, by Green Day. I had so much fun and know that I will always remember that most honorable dedication.

Saturday I went grocery shopping with my whole family. We went shopping for the upcoming week and also for some of the things needed to cook Thanksgiving dinner. We ended up getting so much stuff that our cart was overflowing and our bill for the super market was over 300 euros. My host sister, Virginie, was so embarrassed. Later that day, my host mom, Christine was helping me with my french lessons as usual and Virginie wrote down a sentence for me to ask in french. I then asked our mom if she would give us money to go out later that night. Turns out having a host sister is good for everyone involved because Christine gave us some money later that day. Virginie and some of her girl friends took me out to a fun tropical bar called Tam Tam where we just relaxed and had a girls night.

Sunday I accidentally slept until two in the afternoon. I didn't even know that was possible. But I guess I have to make up for the lack of sleep I get during the week at some point. I made chocolate chip cookies with walnuts for my family and my friend Federica's birthday on Monday. I also watched Jurassic Park and Man vs Wild in french. Actually just as cool in french as it is in English. All in all, this weekend was calm and relaxing, yet really fun. Also, my family celebrated my three month arrival with champagne. Three months! Can you believe it?

Monday I celebrated a birthday with my friend Federica. She is the only other exchange student at my school and i love her. We ate traditional Mexican food and it was DELICIOUS! i love that girl. She really makes my time at school much more fun.

3 comments:

  1. Haha, that's fantastic!!! Looks like you're doing just fine in Belgium! Love you so much and thanks for all the letters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, You are awesome!! I'm so proud of you!! I am not surprised that a song was dedicated to you!! Sounds like a blast. Can't wait to hear how Thanksgiving dinner went on Saturday for you. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you to have a song dedicated to you! Very cool! Gave me goosebumps! Can't wait to hear about your Thanksgiving dinner in detail!!! (Just realized your mom said almost the same thing!!!) Love you much

    ReplyDelete