Saturday, September 5, 2009

Its official......






That is my new house and the view from the front yard. I am only five minutes away from the downtown, too!

I am applying to Tulane University and if I am accepted, plan on attending in the fall of 2010. You are welcome Kayla- I guess all that pestering finally paid off. I have to write a 250-500 word essay about myself and why I should be accepted to Tulane. Its pretty informal, but I wanted all the input I could get before submitting. Thanks!

While working in my local ice cream shop, I struck up a conversation with a customer. She told me about her unforgettable year as a Rotary International foreign exchange student. It has been my dream to live and work overseas for several years and with a passion for marketing and traveling, I know my future career is in international business. After a stressful application process, I am the first outbound student that my Rotary district has ever sent. I am currently living and studying in Liege, Belgium. Living with a new family, attending high school again, and speaking a new language has been truly unforgettable. French is by far a more difficult language than I anticipated, yet I am confident in my abilities and fully expect to be fluent by the end of my exchange.
I know that being an exchange student has changed my life for the better. I have met people from over thirty different countries, and have no doubt that I have made some lifelong friends. It is my belief that every person should experience life outside their native country. Seeing the world from a new perspective has taught me to appreciate and accept with a more open mind, yet hold fast to my core values. I believe that my experience living in Belgium would bring a unique aspect to Tulane University.

5 comments:

  1. Jam...Kayla will be excited to hear you are officially applying to Tulane. We are proud of you! Hey, nice house you've got there. Is your room above the garage with the arched window?? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes it is! and i hung up all the awesome birthday decorations, too. i made it look as much like my old bedroom as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new house is beautiful! What a view! So sorry we woke you up by accident on Skype! Hope you enjoyed your birthday! And we are excited that you are applying to Tulane. Keep us posted!
    Love and hugs, Mommer

    ReplyDelete
  4. first off, in your more recent post you credit kayla for a ten hour car ride from charleston...ahem, i'm pretty sure someone else was with you. (duh, ME!)

    secondly, i love how i find out that you are applying to tuLAME via blogging. FML. (kidding...i'd be so super thrilled for you if you went there...hopefully some of your French skills would be put to some use in the US of A! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoa! nice new home! :) and GORGEOUS view. i'm soooo excited for all that you are doing!
    xo.
    your favorite hairstylist,
    :) tiffany

    ReplyDelete