Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life as I know it


My amazing host family

Somewhere cool in France that I forgot the name of

Gent, Belgium

My new house

Best Friends

So I know I am now officially a terrible blogger considering its been over a month since I updated this thing. But here is the deal- I just live. Now that I am so used to my life here, I feel like nothing is really new or exciting, except EVERYTHING! I know that doesn't make any sense, but to me it does and lets be honest, this is my blog so I can write whatever I want. I went on a little vacation with my host family for the weekend. We visited Gent, one of the prettiest cities in all of Belgium. We saw amazing cathedrals, a HUGE clock tower, a castle, and an art museum with just furniture. Its a lot cooler than in sounds. Then we visited France. I forgot what city, but it was super cool. There are cliffs everywhere and you can literally see the holes that were made from the bombings during WWII. The Germans occupied that area of France at the time of the war and the English bombed that region of France in order to defeat the Germans. One of the coolest parts about this historical site is that you can see England from across the sea. Its incredible. Afterward we all took naps underneath the sun in a field. Then as we went for a walk we just happened to run into some friends of the family who were also in France! The crazy part about these friends? They just happen to be Belgians who grew up in New Jersey. Yeah.....The big NJ. It was pretty cool talking to them. The following day we were back in Belgium and went to this really neat famous restaurant. It has tons of huge playgrounds for the kids to play on and great food for the parents. Well I just happen to be sitting next to the Prince of Belgium. As he gets up to leave, I politely ask him in French if I can take a photo with him because I am a huge fan and plus I am American. And guess what the all-mighty Prince Philippe tells me? "Sorry. Too late. I don't have any time." He is the prince of Belgium! What does he have to do? There isn't even a government in Belgium for the moment. To say the least I was not very pleased. Although I didn't get a picture, I still got a funny story out of it I guess.

What else have I been doing? Hmmmmm....I went to a really fun 18th birthday party for my friend Carmelo. He is a Belgian-Italian and his parents sure do know how to throw a good party. They even has an ice cream truck come! It was a blast. My little host sister had her first communion and my host family threw a GIGANTIC party at our house. Caterers, tent, the whole nine yards. It was pretty cool to see all that for an eleven year old. My friends Erin and Jonathan left Belgium, too. They were great and I am really going to miss them a lot.

In other fun facts about my life: I have a pool. I am now slightly tan. Its only 60 degrees here for the moment. School ends in three weeks. Gina is coming in two weeks! I am going to my schools prom. And I am going to see Snoop Dog with my favorite person in all of Belgium <3 . All within the next very short month. Cannot WAIT!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Snoop Dog? New Jersey? Ice Cream Trucks? Prom? Playground? Jamie with a tan? Sounds like you are in the States!! Thanks for updating the blog. I miss you Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Je crois que tu t'es trompée pour la photo de Gent ^^ C'est ta maison :p
    Et je me demande bien qui est cette: "favorite person in all of Belgium"! :D
    And for parties don't worry ;) Celle de chez Carme était un avant gout de celle qui vont se faire pendant les vacances! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'est le commentaire que je voulais mettre avant! J'èspère que tu te souviens ^^


    :) Jamie tu sais bien que c'est toi la meilleure en français! Tu parles mieux que tout les autres américains et peut être même que Juan ;)
    Et oui ne part pas reste à Liège encore un peu! Je te cacherai dans ma cave ;)
    Pour le Standard dommage que tu es pas venue plus tot comme ca tu aurais été à plus de match avec nous! :D
    Et j'èspère que j'aurai l'occasion de te revoir plus tard dans ma vie :p Peut-être hein qui sait?!
    Comme tu dis: "Life is an adventure when you're crazy!"
    Donc y à moyen puis tu sais que je veux visiter les Etats-Unis!!!
    Allai bisous et à la prochaine Jamie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you are having such a wonderful adventure in Belgium! Enjoy every minute of your last few weeks - we can't wait to talk to you when you get home. Much love, Mommer

    ReplyDelete