Saturday, January 2, 2010

Bonne année! (Happy New Year!)





New Years 2010 in Brussels will be a day that I will never forget.

Here is just a brief overview of my night:

1. Got ready at my house with some other exchangers
2. Ate a delicious pita
3. Got on the train
4. Had to get off the train because it was broken
5. Met some crazy Belgians. One of them was dating a guy in prison.
6. Met up with friends in the train station in Brussels
7. Had a beer. (the only drink I bought all night)
8. Attempted to get everyone to go to the Grand Place
9. Realized fireworks were in fact somewhere else
10. Met a Belgian guy who spent a year in Fresno, CA
11. Ran into a Brazilian guy I met last Wednesday
12. Counted down to midnight...
13. Met a guy from Virginia
14. Met two girls from Virginia (they did not know each other before that night)
15. Danced in a club for about 10 minutes
16. Found other exchange students by singing the "exchange student song"
17. Lost my cell phone
18. Went to a classy hotel and drank 8 glasses of water
19. Returned to the original bar and helped my friend not get attacked by scary men
20. Had a french guy think I was Belgian (after we spoke for a few minutes in french)
21. Spoke with a guy in french, only to find out that he was from England
22. Watched a girl fall down an entire flight of stairs (she's fine, just embarrassed)
23. Slept
24. Took the train home
25. Walked home in the snow because my bus was going to be another half hour

Turns out a lot more exciting things also happened. My host sister got a call from my cell phone at four in the morning from a guy. Turns out someone found my cell phone and is now making prank calls. If you know who he is, let me know. Also, two of my friends wound up in the hospital because they got roofied. Luckily they are ok, just had all of their stuff stolen. All in all, I had a great night and can't wait for New Years in New Orleans next year.

3 comments:

  1. Jamie!! Thanks for the more informative letter about your New Year's Eve in Belgium. Glad I didn't know all of it until now...At least everyone is OK! You are a crack up. It was great to skype with you this morning. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, just minorly terrifying. but sounds like you had a blast. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie!
    I just saw your facebook status and decided to check it out...
    I had no idea exactly what you were doing. I have a question or two.... Did you know French before now? And are you basicly a foreighn exchange student?
    I am currently taking French in school.
    I would love to see you when you get back...Which is when? hah.
    and it sounds like you are having a blast and had an exciting New Years... Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete