Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Nothing New



Friends from all over the world- Columbia, Belgium, Brazil, and of course good old KC, MO

So this week has been extremely normal for me. Which is kind of strange because I always seem to be getting into something else adventurous and exciting. I realized today that I only have about five months left to stay in Belgium, and I actually got really sad. I cannot imagine my life NOT being here and I know that I am going to have an amazing time whenever I go to college; but, I honestly can't imagine that right now. I wonder if my whole life will be set in these strange moments where I can only see myself living that life forever. I have met some incredible people here and I do not plan on ending those relationships when I leave. I am scared I will forget all the French I have been learning, so thanks to Skype, I guess I can attempt to live in Belgium my whole life.

I was joking around with my friend Niko the other day about coming to the United States and I told him he would just have to marry me in order to get a U.S. citizenship. He thought it was a great idea. Maybe I will do that here. JUST KIDDING! But so many people I meet want to come to the United States to learn English and live the American dream, but the more time I spend here with Belgians, Mexicans, Canadians, Columbians, Australians, and every other country imaginable, I realize that every place on earth has something special. A country isn't great because of its weather, its political power, or its language....its great because of its people. I plan on discovering a lot more countries very soon. Instead of dreaming about my life I happen to be living my dream.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sweetheart!! What a beautiful post. I am happy to see that you are beginning to really share of yourself from the heart. Tell Niko that he can come live with us first before marrying you! I absolutely LOVE the picture you posted with you and your friends. You are beautiful. Miss you terribly. Mom

    ReplyDelete